LDS Scriptures Fortune Modules
Mormon Documentation Project
About / News
Fortune is a program that reads random quotes from data text files.
The fortune-mod-mormon project aims to provide free fortune modules for the Scriptures.
The latest release includes seventeen individual modules. Download now!
The Holy Bible (King James Version)
- bible - The Holy Bible (Old and New Testaments)
- ot - The Old Testament
- nt - The New Testament
- gospels - The Four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John)
- acts - The Book of Acts
- eccl - Ecclesiastes
- epistles - The Epistles (Romans - Jude)
- isaiah - The Book of Isaiah
- proverbs - The Book of Proverbs
- psalms - The Book of Psalms
The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, Pearl of Great Price
- mormon - The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ
- aof - The Articles of Faith
- dc - Doctrine and Covenants
- pgp - The Pearl of Great Price
- scriptures - All the Scriptures included
See also: fortune-mod-bible, another KJV Bible module.
2005-11-06 - v1.0.0
Download from Sourceforge.
md5sum: 6fc6a4eeff2b64c2b1256d00bf1c48b8 fortune-mod-mormon-1.0.0.tar.bz2
Install modules to /usr/share/fortune
On most Linux / BSD systems, you can use the Makefile provided. Just run make install as root to install the modules in /usr/share/fortune, or you can just copy them manually.
If you are using Windows, you can install fortune with Cygwin.
Once installed, run fortune <module> to see a random scripture. :)
$ fortune mormon